Insanity Flyff

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Insanity Flyff

The unofficial forum for Insanity Flyff

2 posters

Disrespecting Staff Members in Forums/Xat/In-game

Mayabell
    Mayabell

Disrespecting Staff Members in Forums/Xat/In-game Empty Disrespecting Staff Members in Forums/Xat/In-game

Post  Mayabell Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:50 pm

1) Staff members are not being mean.
    If they lock a thread, don't give them angry pms. Instead, just try to accept it. It's not that big of a deal.

2) Staff members cannot and will not answer every PM.
    Moderators and administrators will become incredibly busy. If they have time, they will respond to your simple "hello" pms. Some moderators do, some don't. It all depends on how busy they are. If you wish to report something, they will pay attention to your request. Make sure the subject title is clear because sometimes their message boxes are full of pms.

3) Staff are humans too.
    They have needs and lives outside iFlyff forums just like you be it school, work, and other spare time activities. Making sure things are fine here takes extra time from their lives. That is why they cannot read every single post and resort to locking every thread. This means they cannot always be here for you when you need them. Sometimes, no mods are available. It all depends. That is what the report button is for if you see people breaking any rules.

4) Don't disrespect the mods.

As you can see, they put in work and time in their spare time. They try to keep things in order and make decisions to keep the community in its best interest. Starting a flame war against them goes against what they work for. Warnings will be issued and a temporary ban may result due to the circumstances.

5) The staff doesn't think that members are below them
    We may be staff, but we are humans too. Even after making sure things are fine, most of the staff sees themselves as equal with members and will engage in regular activities with everyone. We don't think we are too important for our friends.

Examples of Disrespect

Quote:
    The mods are making me so mad especially "name here"! They're so stupid because they locked my thread and they keep telling me what to do!

This is disrespect because it states you hate them. You should keep these things to yourself.

Disrespect in Chat (Especially in Xat chat)

Quote:
    [Member]: HI EVERY1!!!! WAZZUP
    [Moderator]: Please limit the use of caps.
    [Member]: **** you! YOU CAN'T BOSS ME AROUND! I HAVE THE RIGHT TO DO THIS!

Listen to the mods if they give you a warning. If you don't listen, a temporary or permanent ban from chat will be result. The length of time depends on the severity of the disrespect.

*NOTE* Those were not real quotes. Warnings will be issued and a temporary ban may result due to the circumstances.
    Gantz
    Gantz
    King
    King

Disrespecting Staff Members in Forums/Xat/In-game Empty Re: Disrespecting Staff Members in Forums/Xat/In-game

Post  Gantz Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:38 pm

Stickied, thanks for this!